Mishaps on Me Ship
Tito bought a new boat. It's a bigger boat than the one we had last year. Even if I love the last boat we had, it was cursed.
Or maybe just in my case. Because everytime I ride on that boat, there wasn't an instance that I don't get injured and bled on it.
Bleeding on that boat was a right of passage for me everytime I ride on it. But we have to sell it because we have to get a bigger boat. Not because we had an additional passenger... But because we have to cover Mom's ass rather than being sued for indecent behavior. You see, Mom tends to pee in the most unexpected times. May it be in the middle of the ocean. That's why we have to buy one with a room downstairs and a portable toilet.
But then Tito made an uncalculated error. Before buying the boat he asked how much it weighs and found that the weigh is still on the range of what our Ford Explorer 4X4 could carry...
We forgot to add in the weight of the trailer which carries the boat.
So the boat sat there for a month. Then Tito, a die-hard fisherman, said that the only choice we have is either sell the boat back or buy a truck.
The next day he and mom went out and when they came back they have a Dodge Ram 150 4x4, which is huge. It was pre-owned but it was perfect. We readily hitched the trailer to it and went fishing.
And on the way I read out loud the truck's manual.
The first four days of fishing, I caught a lot!
A couple of bouys.
Crab traps.
My own fishing line.
The motor of the boat.
And even our anchor.
But no fish.
Everytime I tangle my self, Tito would just shake his head from the sheer wonder of it all, and cut my line. I almost depleted my spool of fishing line. I also amazed myself. I was like a retarded fisherman. I know I wasn't this bad that I started blaming the boat. I suggested that we should have it baptized or something.
It was like that for a month, that mom just stayed below and sleep or just stay at home.
Until it's always just me and Tito, that we have our own routine. In the morning I pack my food and flavored water. Pack Tito some plain water. When I get out of the house the boat's already hitched to the truck. Then check the necessary items then drive to Stonington.
In Warwick while waiting for our turn to dock, I climb the boat and raise the flag, arrange the fishing rods and put the floaters out.
Then Tito would back the trailer to the dock and then back the boat into the water. Then I will drive the truck and trailer to the farthest parking space because of it's lenght and wait for at the dock for the boat to fetch me. Where I shall climbed it's helm.
After those mishaps that I had, we started catching fishes scalps... then we moved to a bigger game like bluefishes. I would drive the boat and follow the seagulls. For if there were seagulls, there would be baitfish, if there were baitfish there would be bluefishes after them.
I would troll the boat and Tito would cast out the rods, and when there is a tug, I stop and bring out the net.
Wooo. It was addicting.
When were done, I would drive back and drop Tito off the dock. To save time he would get the truck while I would float idly near the dock and when the trailer is in the water, I would maneuver the boat into the trailer while raising it's engine because of the shallowness of the water and Tito would hook it up.
Everytime I would drive the boat in, people would stare at me. They never seen a female drive a boat into a trailer much less a young one.
Then Tito would drive up the ramp while I hang unto the boat's steering wheel. Giving a smile at the onlookers, I raise my hand and give them a wave worthy of a royalty.
No comments:
Post a Comment